Are you an Affiliate Marketer?
How are you doing at engaging your prospects?
Open-ended questions are often more effective than close-ended questions because closed simple questions box your prospect into answering with a simple “yes” or “no” response.
Today I saw a FB story. It said, “Are you looking for a work from home business?” You see the answer is Yes or No.
An open-ended question is something like, “So you are considering your own home based business. What do you think will be your biggest challenge?”
A good open-ended question will do two things, engage your prospect. And the answer given by the prospect ensures that you can craft a follow-up that’ll get you closer to uncovering your prospect’s needs.
What are some other Good Questions?
- “What are some of the reasons you want your own business?”
- “Why would you want to leave your current job?”
- “What are some of the financial Challenges you anticipate for the next 3,6 and 12 months?”
- “Tell me about your average work day. How would like to see that change?”
- “What are some of the things you find most interesting about online business?”
- “What are some of your concerns about launching your own business?”
- “Why is this a priority for you now?”
- “Who are you working for now? Why did you choose that job?”
- “Who are their other people you think you should speak with about starting your business?”
- “What are the business problems you see as challenges to starting your business?”
- “What steps have you taken to educate yourself about your own home business?
- “If you started your own business, where do you see the biggest opportunities for growth?”
Address those needs and your prospect becomes a member of your audience. Meet those needs and you will have a new customer.