1) Be sure to add subscription forms to your Websites or Blogs. This helps you capture valuable information from site visitors that otherwise might leave your site without taking the desired action.
2) Offer something of value to your subscribers in exchange for them giving you their contact information. This can be a free report, a free download, a coupon, or discount.
3) Backup your subscriber lists regularly. The last thing you need is to lose your list of prospects! This list is your gold mine. Protect it.
4) Personalize your messages by inserting your prospects’ name, email, and other relevant information you have collected from them.
5) Target your email marketing list even further by collecting more detailed information such as their phone number, address, etc. Add custom fields to your subscription forms to fine-tune your targeting even further.
6) Focus your advertising on directing prospects to your capture pages or your website that has a subscription form. By focusing on lead generation, you can then follow up with your prospect lists over and over again. This will dramatically increase your success rate.
7) Manage your prospects responsibly. By sending relevant offers and building credibility with your subscribers, you can reasonably expect your subscribers to stay with you longer. Some of my sales have come from subscribers that had been receiving my messages for more than two years!